People are adding stallmansupport.org to their
email signatures, social media profiles, etc. Great!
Let's take it to the next level and get together to Help the GNU Project!
Welcome Back, Richard Stallman
Starting from March 2020, Richard Stallman's speeches in person had to be canceled due to COVID-19 restrictions. After the resrictions were reduced, he held his first in-person speech in Kyiv, Ukraine, on September 18, 2021.
During that speech, he was welcomed back with applause twice:
1. The audience interrupted Stallman with applause when he mentioned he is back on the FSF Board of Directors. #back-on-board
2. People reacted with applause when RMS observed that this was his first presentation of St. iGNUcius since 2019 (he presents it at some in-person speeches). #back-in-person
These welcome-back reactions by an Ukrainian physical audience are to confirm what the community at large had already expressed in numerous comments, articles, and testimonies throughout the Internet.
The letter of support, with 6,860 signatures to date, shows a large number of non-American supporters. It provides further evidence that the international free software community, including minority groups, rejects the defamation and smear campaign launched against Richard Stallman in the United States.
A comment from an attendee:
Great lecture. A wonderful experience to see and hear Richard live.
A very educated, consistent and rational person. By Kira, translated
Worth noting the number of female attendees that can be seen in the full video.
Table of Contents
- Who is Richard Stallman?
- Honors and Awards
- Commitment to Social Justice
- Why Stallman Resigned
- Explanation - Background
- Explanation - CSAIL Emails
- Debunking False Accusations
- Ritual Defamation
- Articles of Support
- External Articles of Support
- External Related Articles
- Comments of Support
- Testimonies, Letters, Writings, and More
- Welcome Back, Richard Stallman
- Say It With a Meme!